Processing and mounting your deer at affordable prices!
We have had 140 deer donated so far as of 12/5/14. We are still looking for at least 160 more deer to come in before January 1st, 2015. IF you have property that needs the deer thinned out what better way to do it than to donate all that meat to the hungry! Please dont leave it in the woods for the scavengers to eat.
Follow us on facebook for the latest news and monthly giveaways!
Welcome to Craven Deer Processing and Skull and Bones Taxidermy. We are located in the Heart of Randolph Co in Asheboro, North Carolina. We are dedicated to offering you the best service possible in deer processing. We specalize in deer but also process other game animals as well. We offer top notch European skull mounts and quality plaques to put them on.
Craven Deer Processing is a NCDA INSPECTED FACILITYthat offers field to freezer service. You shoot it, load it up in your truck and bring it to us and we will do the rest. No more wondering what to do with the meat, skin and guts or if you have time to get it dressed tonight. Full service processing starts opening day of Muzzle loader season to the last day of the regular gun season. We offer deer processing beginning in September but we do not skin and gut during bow season. For hours and prices please check the deer processing page.
These are just a few reminders to keep you out of trouble this upcoming deer season:
1. Wear your hunter orange when gun season comes in.
2. Punch out the hole in the tag once you have possession of the deer but DO NOT cut the tag off and put it on the deer. That will get you a ticket. All tags should remain on the sheet you received it on with your bear and turkey tags.
3. If you are taking a hunter under the age of 16 and they are accompanied by an adult or have had the Hunters Safety Course and passed they CAN NOT kill a deer and legally use your tags to check it in. You can obtain tags for youth hunters anywhere you can buy a license. Starting this year all license agents will be charging $2 to print your tags. You can still get them free directly from the NCWRC.
4. Yes, you can kill a deer on your own property under certain circumstances without purchasing a license. BUT...you must get your free land owners tags to remove the deer from your property to go anywhere...especially here,lol!
5. When in doubt about a regulation, check the free NC Rules and Regulations digest or go to their website at NCWILDLIFE.ORG or call your local Game Warden. They are there to keep you safe and to help you understand the laws when you have a question.
We are partnered with the NC Hunters For The Hungry and Farmers and Hunters Feeding The Hungry. All you have to do is drop off any deer that is legally taken that you may not have room for and we will make sure that it gets to a family that needs it. Info on monetary donations to the program can be found on our contact page.
We had a record breaking season for donated deer for the hungry during the 2013 season.
We have set the bar high again this year and NOTHING is going to stop us from trying to hit it! Lots of people said I was crazy to think that I could raise it to 200 deer in 2013 and even come close to but we had 210 deer donated thanks to hunters like you! Lord willing we are shooting for 300 deer to be donated in the 2014 season! Yup, thats right, 300 deer would be around 6 tons of meat to feed the hungry here in central NC. Thanks again to all you and I hope to see you again this year!
2009 Season......37 deer donated.....1,400lbs ESTIMATED(no lbs kept this year)
2010 Season......92 deer donated.....3,720lbs of hamburger.
2011 Season....143 deer donated.....5,696lbs of hamburger.
2012 Season....194 deer donated.....6,995lbs of hamburger.
2013 Season....210 deer donated.....6,635lbs of hamburger.
2014 Season...???? YOUR donation will help decide the total!